Sessions in Connemara? (next summer)

Sessions in Connemara? (next summer)

I’m planning a cycle tour through Connemara next June and trying to schedule it around when we can find sessions as well. The cycle tour company’s itinerary starts in Oughterard, with one night in Inishmore, 2 nights in Clifden, 1 night Leenane and 2 nights in Westport.

I know we’ll be able to find sessions in Westport. I saw some older listings for Oughterard and Clifden. Anyone have more up to date info on sessions in or near any of the other places? Most of the info I saw was not posted recently (some were from 11 years ago). Also, any suggestions to modify the itinerary - the company will customize it for us.

Feel free to send info directly (PM).

Thanks - Sharon

Re: Sessions in Connemara? (next summer)

I love the cycling tan you have on your bands web site :-)

Suunybear- thanks? If i’m not playing music or cycling I’m probably working or sleeping.

I regularly visit Westport/Louisburgh and attend a session on the Rock road leading out of Leenane towards them on Sunday evening, about 7pm start I recall. I believe there’s a session in Delphi Adventure centre with the Heneghan family- Brendan, Eric and Christina- brilliant musicians and wonderful people , but can’t recall when I’m afraid. There’s also lots of musicians/sessions in Louisburgh, especially Joe McNamara’s and Duffy’s pubs- pretty sure these are Wednesday and Sunday nights too. I hope you get good weather- June is often better than August!- because it’s so beautiful round there- Enjoy!

Thank you for the information.