How do you keep up to date with the next concert of your favorite band?

How do you keep up to date with the next concert of your favorite band?

Dear friends,

Most of us like the music of many bands (not only Irish music). I guess, if we counted them all, it’d be a few hundred. What are you doing to find out where their next concerts are taking place?

– Eventim only makes sense with famous bands
– Visiting every single website would probably be a full-time job

– I’ve already subscribed to every musician, every band on Facebook.
– … and ordered the newsletter from the artist’s website
– I have also subscribed to all important venues in my area on Facebook.

What else would be useful? Twitter? Folk magazines?
Thank you all, greetings from Berlin, Max

Re: How do you keep up to date with the next concert of your favorite band?

Sounds like you’re doing all the right things to try to keep in touch with what your favourites are up to.
Back in the pre-internet days,I was upset at missing a particular band I liked: always heard about their concerts after they’d happened! Then a friend said "sign up to their Fan Club" - there was a small annual fee for this, but then you got several magazines per year, including all their forthcoming gigs and how to book them.
Now, it varies with how well bands communicate: some don’t keep their websites up-to-date, even though it’s in their interest to do so, or answer website enquiries. Many do rely on Facebook for promoting gigs, not just on their own pages or "events" but by also sharing to other Facebook pages geared to promoting certain genres of event. And for some, the email alerts are pretty good.
I note that you are in Germany, but I read "Living Tradition" magazine here in the UK, which takes a lot of advertising of gigs, as does "Froots": there may be online versions of some magazines.
Other than that, go for your local approach: read all the music advertising in your local papers, pick up flyers in libraries and other public buildings.