Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everybody!
Will be playing a lot of whistle and flute today. Going to give playing flute with pipe drones a go. Should be good to work on intonation!
Hope you all are warm and can enjoy some tunes today.
Cheers!

Re: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you as well, Andrew!

Merry Christmas to you and to all!

Happy Christmas folks, hope your day and tunes are merry!

Hope everyone is having a very happy Christmas! And best of luck in the New Year!

Merry Chrissy! Did you say you’re are connecting your flute to pipe drones? Is that possible? Have fun then!

No, using the thumbjam Iphone app with a bluetooth speaker.
Not traditional but is a solid way to tune whistle/flute and is fun to play with in background.

Merry Christmas all, and a happy, safe and prosperous new year, from the other side of the world. 🙂

Merry Christmas! I once had a go at creating (probably) the first ever descant recorder with a drone. It sounded truly horrible!

Any of you folks acquire anything good for christmas in the music realm? I picked up a susato oriole to see how it compares to a tony dixon trad D. getting back in to whistling since it’s an easy way to work on fingerings without needing to do emboucre when I just want to make music.
I’m debating one of those dixon alloy low whistles, too.
Hope you all have a good new year and enjoy some good drinks.

My wife bought me volume one of the Goodman Manuscripts (published as "Tunes of the Munster Pipers" by the ITMA). I already had volume two. These are gold mines of beautiful old tunes, and old (and surprisingly different) versions of tunes you already know. She also bought me "The Piper’s Choice Music Collection", which are transcriptions of every volume of the Piper’s Choice DVD’s put out by NPU over the years.

A prosperous new year to one and all.

And a Happy New Year to All!