Photo of Fiddle Classes Students & Tutors @ Willie Clancy Week ~ mid 1970s!

Photo of Fiddle Classes Students & Tutors @ Willie Clancy Week ~ mid 1970s!

Photo of Fiddle Classes Students & Tutors @ Willie Clancy Week mid 1970s!

Thanks to John Kelly ( Junior ) for this copy of an old photo, taken by himself I believe, in the mid 1970s at the Willie Clancy Week in Miltown Malbay, Co. Clare.
Thanks too, to my friend Francis Devine, for posting it up to me.

If you see yourself, or anyone you recognise in this photo, please feel free to comment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northantrimbirds/46475599632/in/dateposted-public/

Incidentally, that’s me standing at the left shoulder of John Kelly senior, my tutor for that week, with the beard & mop of hair. I still have that beard, although it’s snow white now, but sadly the hair has almost all gone now.
Bobby Casey spent most of that week in with John Kelly & our class, so we were indeed privileged & honoured to have such fine masters of their craft as our mentors for the week.

The only other face I know is that of James Kelly, in the front row. I’m sure all these musicians will still be playing & I hope they enjoy seeing their younger selves again.

Cheers,
Dick

Re: Photo of Fiddle Classes Students & Tutors @ Willie Clancy Week ~ mid 1970s!

Grand photo - probably the entire fiddle class for that year? How different things are now at Willie Week.
Different era I think Ptarmy, long ago and far away :)

Posted .

Aye, the … Good Old Days! ;-)

Hi.
That’s John Kelly jnr. fourth from the left in the front row and the only other contribution I can make is Nick Carolan is in the middle row at the extreme right.