Want more recent videos of soloist playing of whistle like comhaltas used to do

Want more recent videos of soloist playing of whistle like comhaltas used to do

You can search by instrument but they don’t seem to update the individual instruments (or at least not whistle) any more, only the full shows.

I want to hear clear solo videos of whistlers - just audio is fine too.

I used to find alot of odd videos of comhaltas but don’t tend to find them any more.

I meant it doesn’t have to be new videos just ones I was not aware of and I have seen alot of the ones for whistle on the comhaltas site and like I say don’t see new ones being uploaded there so looking to other sources.

Just after crisp clear playing (unsullied by many other instruments) of lots of different reels and jigs of whistle players.

Re: Want more recent videos of soloist playing of whistle like comhaltas used to do

Seen it.

I just thought maybe it is better to just look up the audio samples from there cds on places like cd baby on specific whistle players which will most times be played solo.

I have just been looking for a couple more reels to add to my collection.

Re: Want more recent videos of soloist playing of whistle like comhaltas used to do

Custy’s music shop another great resource I just remembered and you hear some nice obscure tunes on there.

Dia dhaoibh Greetings all!

I don’t have the means to provide the links but if you google KIERAN COLLINS WHISTLE PLAYER GALWAY you’ll find some quite brilliant lyrical whistle playing, NO ACCOMPANIMENT

One of my great inspirations He died far too young

All the best
Brian x