Hobart, Tasmania.

Hobart, Tasmania.

I am going to be in Hobart for the Wooden Boat Festival. 8 to 11 Feb. Any risk of a session over the weekend?

Re: Hobart, Tasmania.

Be sure to add a trip with those dates—then you can see who’s nearby and if anything’s happening at that time:

https://thesession.org/trips/add

I can personally recommend the session in "The New Sydney" on a Saturday afternoon. Very friendly bunch of people. You could contact "briantheflute" through this website. He’s the guy who keeps it going.

Posted by .

Oh well, maybe there will be something happening down by the water.

Hi Fidele Barnia

I don’t quite get your comment? The information given above is that there’s a session at The New Sydney Hotel, Saturdays. Is a 5 minute walk from Constitution Dock not near the water?

One of the many wonders and skills given here by Jeremy is the map system. If you go to the map and zoom out you’ll find how close The New Sydney is to the waterfront. From the dock you cross Davey St, Macquarie St, Collins St, Liverpool St, reach Bathurst St and you’re there! If you need transport there are ample taxis prepared to empty your wallet.

And the information given by ‘callison’ shows a recent update that there’s a session at Irish Murphy’s 2nd Sunday of the month. Surely that fits the equation, 10th February? That’s only 30 seconds from the edge of the dock.

All the best
Brian x

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks to all replies.

I’m happy to report that ITM is very active in Hobart. The sessions at the New Sydney Hotel and Irish Murphy’s are well supported with a talented, knowledgeable and welcoming crowd. And the masonry walls and wooden floors of both venues, provide good acoustics, although crowds tend to absorb a lot of tone, as we all know. Both sessions started about 2PM. Thanks, Hobart, for a fabulous weekend.