Print problems.

Print problems.

I tried to print out the music for Leather Away The Wattle-O, but I’m just getting a page with a little scanner code in the middle of it.
Wondered if it was maybe something to do with being in Chrome, so I tried again in Firefox but just got the scanner type code again.
Next I tried printing something else from my tunebook, but still the blank page with a little scanner code in the middle of it.
Help!
Alex.

Re: Print problems.

This is odd. I added the QR codes recently, but they appear *after* the sheetmusic. I can’t figure out why only the QR code would print.

I’ll look into this a bit more, but right now I can’t reproduce the issue you’re seeing, so that’s going to make it tricky to fix.

Alexander, could you try it again now?

(I’ve updated the code so that the QR code is only added to the page after the sheet music has rendered, so I’m hoping that fixes the issue you’re seeing.)

Just tried it - works for me.

Posted by .

I posted a reply yesterday saying I was away from home for a while and that I’d try again later. My reply didn’t appear. I actually tried twice to post it.
I’ve just tried printing a tune again, but it still doesn’t work, either in Firefox or Chrome. Print preview in Chrome shows a very dark QR code below the music, but all that prints is a faint QR code. No music.
Alex.

Problem must be at my end. I just tried out a pdf of St James Infirmary from My Documents and just got a few faint lines running across 2 pages
Alex.

I have a somewhat related question. When you edit the ABC of a tune setting, does the sheet music now correct itself, or does Jeremy still have to go in and fix it? Asking as a blind person who can’t see if the sheet music has changed.

It fixes itself instantly.

I thought about an uninstall & reinstall of my printer, then decided to shut down the laptop for a while and restart it. Text is printing ok now, but sheet music from thesession has a nice dark QR code in the middle of the page. Other tunes from elsewhere in my computer are printing out ok.
Alex.

To Daniel, the sheet music now seems to correct itself immediately if you edit the ABC of a tune setting.

Sorry, NfldWhistler, missed your post.

What is the QR code for?

//What is the QR code for?//

Hi Otterwoman, it’s so you can scan it with your smartphone to bring up the tune on the phone.

You need the QR Scanner app on your phone in order to do this.

Thanks MfldWhistler and DonaldK.

When I print sheet music I first take a snapshot of the tune I am interested in by pressing shift, command, 4 and dragging the cursor over the muic I want to print. I then go to my desktop and drag the icon of the snapshot to my Pages or Appleworks new document page. It appears as sheet music and I then print it. I use an iMac and this system works very well. I can put pairs of tunes on the same page with no problems as long as they are not too long. I am sure you can do this on Windows as well.

Jim said "You need the QR Scanner app on your phone in order to do this."

Actually in recent versions of iOS and Android, QR scanning is built right into the camera app. So you should be able to just point the camera app at the printed QR code and get a prompt to go the link of the tune.

and if I don’t want the QR code in the print version….? any hints?

I’m also getting the QR code printed as a block below the music when I select "Print" from one of the tunes in the database. I don’t see it in the mustard sheet music graphic, but it shows up in both the Print Preview and the final printout. This is with Chrome browser, Windows 10.

Is there a way to remove that? All I need is the printed sheet music, I don’t use the QR for anything. If this is the new print format, I guess I can just copy the ABC and import into MuseScore and print it from there, but it was nice getting a clean sheet music print from the database.