Discuss…

Re: Discuss…

Finally irrefutable evidence that speeding up doesn’t stop dancers (even with the smallest of legs)!

No doubt some boffins will claim it’s fakery!

Taught me all I needed to know about music.

Posted by .

Pure drop.

Ah! the Sleeve Lookee Here style, an’ sure ain’t it garand to hear it agin and agin……

..it’s what pub owners expect from a session.

Jim, is there a source for information about who is playing fiddle? All I can find about their identity is from this site.

Posted by .

I believe it’s Darby himself playing … !

AB

//Jim, is there a source for information about who is playing fiddle? All I can find about their identity is from this site//

I’m afraid I drew a blank there as to who played it. Nothing in the movie databases other than credits for the actors.

According to https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052722/trivia , it says "Sharpe did not know how to play the violin, so two professional musicians were hired to create the illusion. One handled the bowing and the other handled the fingerboard while Sharpe kept his hands out of the way. "

Obviously referring to sections other than what’s in the video clip above. I remember someone asking about the tunes in this film before :

https://thesession.org/discussions/42502

Jim, I know Sharpe did not play fiddle. What I was wanting to know is if you have another piece of information about the actual players identity. It looks like you’re suggesting it was Johnny Doherty."Aye, John Doherty gave a mighty performance there" & "Superb playing there from John Doherty"

?

"Obviously referring to sections other than what’s in the video clip above."
Those effects are from closeup shots, Jim.

Posted by .

AB …

Maybe read my post again? I answered your question.

I had a good look around to try to find out who the actual player was, as I was curious myself, but had no luck.

As to the Johnny Doherty business, it was just a little joke, as he and Albert Sharpe do look a little bit alike, imo.

Maybe my humour does not translate very well 🙂

Thank you, Jim.

Posted by .

NO candidates there for "The Greatest Dancer" - the latest so-called "talent" show on Britain’s BBC1 on Saturday nights! As for the cavalry……!