Dancing about architecture.

Dancing about architecture.

Is all the lovely virtual verbiage on this splendid forum a waste of time?

Re: Dancing about architecture.

Yes, but wasting time is a noble pursuit, second only to playing music.

You think the old folks playing this music back in the day, didn’t talk to each other about the music between playing the tunes? There was a social world before the Internet, ‘ya know. This just expands the conversation.

Back in 1800 or 1900, you had to develop a BS detector over the years for information that was valuable in conversation, and what wasn’t. Just like now. Not that much has changed. 🙂

Somewhere on the facade’s motif, my minds eye was stirred, my dancing feet pelted by gilded notes and falling concrete symbols, the building echoed music and through the rattle rattle of glass and wooden doors, I searched stupidly for words in my grey Macintosh damn it. Someone through my accordion at my head and I knocked out, broken reeds glued with birthday candles and wig cling nets and a two penny nail.
-fer foots sake shut up, the mustard heads said
-we finished the building, the old man looked up at it, eye

Posted by .

Much. Not all. With this subject line - probably.

"There was a social world before the Internet …"

Hm… sounds like historical revisionism to me.

I’m sure pre-suppositional structuralism, or possibly caxiphalian neo-pluralism will evolve as a natural consequence of 2/4 vs 4/4 debates that are often inconsequential, always pure mental, but never ever resolved.

Waste of time.

What is time?
- One of the 4 space/time dimensions which we can perceive.

How can it be wasted?
- Time is infinite, unless you think that space/time started with the Big Bang. So if it’s infinite it can’t be wasted.
But since we mortal humans are granted only a limited amount of said time, should we fill every moment with non-wasting activity? I fancy not.

Is posting on this website a waste of time?
- If you enjoy posting on here, then, no. Because you enjoy it.

So there.

What? I mean, it took me seven years to understand why everybody was talking about wig glue!

Posted by .

Why were they

Why were they

Why were they?

/WW

/

Posted by .

I suspect a lot of people post here when they should be working, so the time being used here is otherwise time that would be milled away slaving on the economic grindstone and not playing music.

variously attributed to John Lennon, Thelonius Monk, Elvis Costello……………….?

A waste of time or a waste of beer? One is important the other not so much.

…Frank Zappa, Miles Davies, Bob Holness…

oops! Miles DAVIS!!

What’s time to a pig?

Time spent reading other people’s opinions is never wasted. Sometimes you can learn something. Other times you just get the satisfaction of knowing that you’re right and they’re wrong.

Sorry about that last post. It’s a mess.
To answer the OP’s question, yes, the forum discussions are for wasting time.

Posted by .

In a conventional sense ‘dancing about architecture’ is not a fruitful pursuit. But architecture is about buildings where people come, go in, move their feet along the floor, wander about, eat, poop, sleep, other things, move about and go out. Could be *like* dancing in an unconventional sense. Architects probably talk about such matters, people moving about in & out up & down. Why *not* a bit of ‘dancing about architecture’?
Indeed!
السلام عليكم

Posted by .