American Irish Band Names
I have been in, and am currently in, a number of badly named bands. It strikes me though that one can always tell American bands that play Irish music.
Here is my guide. You are quite welcome!
How to tell if a band playing Irish music is from America, by name:
1) [anybody’s] Revenge
2) [anybody’s] Kitchen
3) Angry [any Irish sounding first name, plural or not]
4) A name that sounds Irish but you are not sure ("Ceandui", "Teilifina")
5) Any Celtic, Irish or Scottish geographic feature name, such as Giant’s Causeway or the Cliffs of Moher.
6) Any juxtaposition of an Irish name with something distinctly non-Irish, such as Dublin Rodeo, the Mojave Leprechauns, or Galway Luau.
7) Any name that humorously mentions alcohol("One Pint Too Many"), including the one I used to play in: Whiskey Before Breakfast (many bands by this name)
8) Any fiddle tune name (which you may not know if you are unfamiliar with the repertoire). Also see #5 and #6.