Sessions near Lennane, Connemara

Sessions near Lennane, Connemara

Hi
I’ll be spending a hill-walking/celebrating significant birthday (60th) week in a cottage near Lennane, Connemara from 18-25th May and was hoping someone may be able to suggest places to get a few tunes in the neighbourhood?
I’m a completely house-trained and etiquette-aware flute/whistle player who won’t ruin your session but I appreciate you may not be keen to advertise your gathering publicly so a PM would be fine if you’d like a few tunes during that week .. or know of a good place to go.

I’ve seen the Clifden and Westport listings but wondered if there was anything else nearby?

Thanks
Chris

Re: Sessions near Lennane, Connemara

Be sure to add your trip here:

https://thesession.org/trips/add

Then you’ll be able to see who’s nearby, and if anything’s going on in the area.

Sorry, the senior moments are starting already.
Should be Leenane - phone insisted on re-spelling for me!

Leenane is a fairly small spot, nice pub last time I was there but don’t recall any trad. Best bet is to enquire when there as to whether there’s anyone about who might play a few tunes. Good selection of hills though, plenty to choose from :)

Posted .

Thanks Kilcash
Yes, asking when we’re there sounds like the way to go failing anything more specific offered up here.
We chose Leenane as a handy centre for the hill access .. looks well placed for good days out. Mind, living in the Scottish Highlands means we’re spoilt for good hills!
A good session nearby would have been the icing on the cake but I suspect we’ll need to travel for tunes.
Looking forward it.