Opportunity for composers
Some of you who have been on this site for a while might recall that some years back, I offered space on my webABC tune site to composers of tradition-related material.
I received forty submissions, which can be viewed (and heard) here:
(The table file links to "plus" files, which contain the standard notation, ABC, and a link to an MP3 sound file via the tune title at the top of each page).
The tunes I received are all excellent. Some are a little weird, others required a little reworking, but they’re all fun, and I am grateful to the composers for the chance to present their works.
My offer is repeated with the following conditions:
- your submissions must be your own, and this must be clearly stated in any submission correspondence
- ABC format is preferred but I’ll accept "the dots"
- email contact info should appear on each tune
- I reserve the right to edit the ABCs or suggest changes, but ultimate approval of same is with the composer
- OK to include background information - if you look through the material already on the site, you’ll get an idea of what this might look like
- you understand that I am assuming no responsibility as to disposition or use of your tunes by third parties
You can submit up to four tunes at a time. If you have more that you’d like to see on the website, or if you have any questions on this matter, contact me.
Added note: in upgrading computers over the years I mislaid the emails of the folks who made the original submissions. If any of you are still out there, please contact me.