Session in the Tain area (Scotland)

Session in the Tain area (Scotland)

Hi there!

Myself and a few music peeps will be heading up to Tain for the Easter weekend (19th-22nd of April). Any sessions happening in the area?

Thanks!

Re: Session in the Tain area (Scotland)

There are sessions in The Black Isle on certain nights. All Fortnightly…. in Avoch(Thurs), Cromarty(Friday), Fortrose(Sun).

It’s a bit of a drive from Tain I know and you’d have to confirm the dates to check if it’s the right fortnight.

Thanks Johnny! It’s a shame the Cromarty ferry only runs June-September. Would’ve been very handy :)

Hi David
There’s only one Cromarty session a month these days and it falls on the 2nd Friday - so unfortunately it’s not much use to you. The ferry timetable wouldn’t have helped you get home either.
The Sunday session in the Anderson pub in Fortrose may be on .. I’m not sure which Sundays it runs but the pub would be able to tell you. I understand it is still "extremely" scottish, mind, and they tend to favour their own repertoire which doesn’t include many staple session tunes.

There’s probably more choice in Inverness at either Hootenany’s or McGregors but I’m not sure of the days and it’s a wee trek from Tain.

Sorry can’t offer much more. If any of us decide to get together for a kitchen session over the Easter break, I’ll let you know.

By the way, were you at the Aberdeen flute fling just gone? We may have chatted in the Lampie on the Saturday night.

Cheers
Chris

Hey Chris! We’ll probably have a kitchen session in the house we’re renting, so I could potentially let you know.

And yes, I think we met at the FluteFling. I think we were both in the same group?

That would be great..be nice to get a tune with you over Easter sometime.
Cheers
Chris