Another Tune ID request..

Re: Another Tune ID request..

I’ve seen this one before in an Irish and Celtic music collection on YouTube. It’s Bredalbane’s Reel (the title is also written on the video). Here’s a link to the full collection I mentioned, it’s really good. https://youtu.be/NRvvpgbT7D8

I’m sorry, I realize now that you’re looking for an alternative name/sheet music. Googling this reel only leads to this song. My guess is that it could be an original composition from the band. Maybe if you find their contact information you can request sheet music from them.

@TheWanderer I already tried Google and seen that it only links back to the video.. I’ve also seen that video on TY, it’s really good, excellent in fact!

I’ll try and contact the band and see if I have any joy there 🙂

Thanks

That was quick.. with a little bit of research I found the tune was wrote by Pierce Campbell, whom I emailed. Within a few mins he replied and told me and there is no chart for it.. so that’s that, I might try and learn it by ear 🙂

That’s a shame there was no sheet music, but glad he replied so quickly, and that sounds like a great solution. Who knows? Maybe one day another band will play it one day and provide music for it.

It would be better if you learned it by ear,good luck.

Nice little tune. It’s not so hard to learn by ear, butnevertheless, here are the ABC’s for the three parts they play. They mix them in different order throughout the tune.
X:1
T:Bredalbane’s Reel
C:Pierce Campbell
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:Em
P:A
EFGA BAGF|EFGE G2A2|EFGA BAG2|cBAG BAGF|
EFGA BAGF|EFGE G2A2|EFGA BAG2|cBAG BAGF:|
P:B
GABc d2cB|AGAB AGAB|GABc d2GF|1GFED EFE2:|2GFED E4:|
P:A