Searching tune comments on TheSession.org

Searching tune comments on TheSession.org

Hi everyone,
Is it possible to search the tune comments here on TheSession.org?
I can’t find any way to do it.

Re: Searching tune comments on TheSession.org

Darn, the last link above would work from the URL line, but in the comments here, it is not turned into a proper link (the whole phrase was not highlighted).

Darn again, it only goes to the tunes pages which gives false positives, and is only the first few lines of the comments, or the title (which Google comes close to, also).

The type of search you want either requires different syntax to reach down into the database, or other database support. Otherwise, you seem to need the Tune ID to get to the detailed comments page for that tune. You could look into the Data Dump section of the API page and see if that is somehow useful for a local search.

Nope. Data Dump is limited. The tunes.csv is the ABC only, not the user comments.

I go from Google and just search for the tune I am looking for with "The Session." For example "Cowboy jig The Session" I can then click on it and see the comments.

@TheWanderer - Google actually does work in that way. I think the reason it didn’t work for me is that the text I used for an example was too recent & hadn’t been indexed by Google yet.

Glad it’s working for you, @Kurell. I also find it kind of funny that you used the tune "Orange in Bloom" as an example, when I had just commented on it earlier today!

With Google you can specify the tunes section. site:thesession.org/tunes More often for I tune I do it the other way and search discussions to see if a tune has been mentioned in a discussion.

Thanks David50, that’s the best way to search the tune comments!