Rollicking Boys of Tandragee set by Four Winds

Re: Rollicking Boys of Tandragee set by Four Winds

Last one is parnells march, I think.

They have this on their album, https://thesession.org/recordings/4951 .
The tunes are currently unlisted though.

The first one @ 3:20 sounds familiar, not sure.
The second @ 3:50 also did, Tunepal returns The Gaelic Club jig, which seems about right.
The third @ 4:45, no idea.

The first one is Boys of Tandragee

Perhaps set #11 from the album:
Paddy Fahy’s/The Gaelic Club/Parnell’s March.

I have the physical album, and they don’t list any tunes after the song, nor mention any tunes in the liner notes. They do play one tune after it on the recording though.

Could be mistaken, the first tune doesn’t sound like the Boys of Tandragee to my ears.

OK, they do the song, then an instrumental version of it (a tone below), then The Gaelic Club and finally Parnell’s March. No Paddy Fahy’s jig in the live recording.

This version is in the same key, and fairly close to what they play:
https://thesession.org/tunes/1392#setting33547

Thanks for that folks. Love Daoiri singing The Creggan White Hare. I first heard that song in 1970 in The Golden Jubilee down the Markets in Belfast, just when it was becoming a dangerous area to visit.
Years later, maybe around 2005 0r 2006 I was heading for Tyrone to photograph Aghascreeba Ogham Stone (just head for Cookstown and turn left) when on the gable wall of someones house I saw a great cutout of The Creggan White Hare. Wifey sez "What’s that?" Sez I, "I reckon we’re in Creggan townland!"
Alex.

Thanks for the correction Jeff.

FourWinds hasn’t been around since 2017 or so but their album is great listening. Check out http://fourwindsirishmusic.com/ to see if there are still any cd’s available. Caroline Keane & Tom Delany are still performing together and released their first album together "Never Say Goodbye, Say Good Luck" in 2017, Daoirí Farrell is still performing and I have no idea what Robbie Walsh is doing aside from a YouTube presences. FourWinds has been one of the albums that inspired me into taking up the B/C box (which isn’t a concertina I realize but the sound is at least similar).

01 Con Carthy’s Favourite, Comb Your Hair & Curl It, The Templehouse
02 Three Little Drummers, The Queen Of The Rushes, Palm Sunday
03 Farewell To The Gold
04 The Flags Of Dublin, Ger Quigley’s, Fred’s Favourite
05 The Ludlow Massacre
06 The Piper’s Patience, The Black Valley Reel
07 The Bond Store, Trim The Velvet
08 The Rollicking Boys Around Tandragee
09 The Dusty Miller, The P&O Polka, Jack Reedy’s Polka
10 Clasped To The Pig
11 Paddy Fahy’s, The Gaelic Club, Parnell’s March

Not been around since 2017? I attended a concert by them in Belgium not two months ago. They had a different guitarist though, since Daoiri is doing a lot of solo touring these days.

Tijn, that’s good to hear. There hasn’t been anything on their Facebook page or website to indicate they’re still active. There is a real disadvantage to being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I can’t get to concerts like you can. Who is in the line-up now?

Barry Kerr on guitar.