Correcting Last.FM tags on a recording

Correcting Last.FM tags on a recording

Hi,
A few months ago I added some recordings by the High Level Ranters. I entered the group name as "The High Level Ranters" and, rather than showing up with a short history of the group as expected, I was advised to change the tag to "High Level Ranters" so that Last.FM could give more accurate information. I just looked back today and, though I fixed the tags, I’m still getting a notification that the tags need to be changed, rather than information about the band.
Any idea how I can get the information from Last.FM to display properly?
(Side note: I don’t always think the Last.FM information is detailed enough as it is, and I have already read up history of this group. But I’d still like the information there, so that others who are interested can see it).
Thanks.

Re: Correcting Last.FM tags on a recording

Wanderer, I don’t know anything about LastFM so I poked around the web. Apparently tags & fixing them are a bother for other users. Like they don’t get fixed, cannot be fixed, or something strange. The best I have so far is a bit from Reddit about lastFM. It may not help but it’s my only lead ~ https://www.reddit.com/r/lastfm/comments/aj0l1v/will_lastfm_ever_fix_and_merge_bad_tags/

Take care,
Ben

Posted by .

Thanks, Ben. It looks like lots of people are having that problem with the site. Also being told to correct "youtr tags" isn’t very professional.

Just to clarify, that spelling error is one from Last.FM, not on here!

I still think it’s good that this site links to Last.FM though. When tagged correctly you can learn some interesting information about a group or artist.

By the looks of it, yes, it seems like that would be an improvement if Jeremy used this link. Thanks! There are 5 recordings by this group that need to be re-tagged.

Just to be clear, the Last.fm link-up happens automatically. So if there’s a problem with the info being returned from Last.fm, there’s nothing I can do about it from this end, other than add the artist’s name to a list of "false positives".

That list is pretty long at this stage so I’m wondering if it’s even worth keeping the Last.fm info on recordings.

If you see the wrong information coming back from Last.fm, please drop me a line through my member profile and let me know—I can then add that artist to the list.

(Please *don’t* post a public comment on the recording saying "That’s a different artist!" or "That picture is wrong!" because your comment will still be visible but won’t make any sense after the issue is fixed.)