Carlos Sweeney McCartin in Custy’s

Carlos Sweeney McCartin in Custy’s

We were delighted to have a tune and a chat with our good friends in Custy’s Music Shop in Ennis where our CD is flying off the shelf. Thanks, in no small way, for the success of the album is owed to the kind comments from contributors here on thesession.org
Here’s a clip from our visit.
https://youtu.be/S0IIstswQWQ

Re: Carlos Sweeney McCartin in Custy’s

Looking forward to hearing this CD, I heared it is excellent.

Heard

@Goose It most certainly is.

reminds me of that old Molloy, Brady, Peoples album - and thats a compliment!

Love this album! It’s been on my rotation for the last 2 weeks and I got a couple of my other friends hooked on it. Great job lads!

Cheers,

Melany

Posted by .

This album features some of the best music I’ve ever heard! And I enjoyed the interview video. Thanks for sharing it, and well done!

Our "Album Of The Month", on "The Wednesday Session", SHMU FM, Aberdeen. We played our 4th track from it to open today’s programme. At least one of my flute students has ordered a copy. I followed up today’s track with a couple of reels by John Carlos, from the "Flute Players Of Roscommon" CD. Is Dylan John’s son ?

Posted by .

Kenny, toward the end of the interview, Dylan mentions "my father, John", so it’s a pretty good bet 😉

I am really enjoying George McAdam’s banjo on a few tracks of the album too

I know that, "Rev", he’s also mentioned in the sleeve notes, but there are 2 "Johns Carlos’s" who played flute, John Jnr. and John Snr, according to "Flute Players Of Roscommon 2". I agree with you that Dylan is most likely the son of John on "FPofR 2", but there is a possibility he’s a grandson. Just wanted to be sure. I’ll ask.

Posted by .