Willie Clancy Week 2019

Willie Clancy Week 2019

Hi everyone
We have some space in the house we’re renting near Spanish Point for Scoil Samhraidh Willie Clancy.

• A double bed in its own room, suit one or two people.
• Floor space & 1 sofa for two (maybe three friends!) in a separate living room.
• We could even let a tent in the back field for reduced rent but with access to cooking and shower.

The house has a good big kitchen with all facilities, we have sessions in there sometimes. IIRC, the only thing the house is short of are chairs. I’ll try to remember to take a couple. The tap water is awful.

Parking is good, the sunsets can be amazing, it is possible to walk to Miltown (quite a way on foot); bikes are better. Armada is walkable on back roads.

Musicians preferred but not compulsory and we get up early (noise, practising and all that entails) so late sleepers beware. I have the house from Sunday 30th June (a whole week prior to SSWW) to Saturday 13th July 2019. Rent shared in fair proportions of course. There’s lots of music in the area outside the Willie Week.

PM me here initially.

Regards
David

Re: Willie Clancy Week 2019

How do you think the Irish Open held on the same week will have an effect on Willie Week this year? Have heard that roads will be closed, traffic jams, and mad prices as regards accommodation.

A few weeks ago the neighbors were all saying that for Wille Week a lot of the roads will be closed. So you’d want to be staying well south of Lahinch or go through Inagh to get to Miltown Malbay. The Irish Open runs just the weekend, from July 4th to 7th. WW goes from Saturday 6th July to Sunday 14th July. So there’s some overlap but not for the whole of Willie Week. Here’s what the nabobs have to say about it: http://www.clare.fm/news/organisers-keep-irish-open-traffic-disruption-minimum/
But who would trust them?

This golf stuff doesn’t worry me for the Willie Week itself. There might be disruption the week before plus some on the first weekend. Fun!

I’ll be flying into Shannon on Sunday, July 7th so I hope there won’t be too much golf disruption.

I don’t suppose anyone else will be on the Aer Lingus 14:45 from Heathrow that day (landing at 16:15)? I’m trying to figure out the best way to get to Miltown Malbay from Shannon. Maybe we could split a cab?

I’m flying into Shannon airport on the Monday morning from London. I’ve got an Air BnB near Spanish Point

Just to bump this a little, don’t forget, the Fleadh na Mumhan takes place in Ennis the week following the WCSS, so you could make it a double header.

Then there’s Drumshanbo - you could make it a treble header. Then…