I found a bouzouki player 800 meters from my house!

I found a bouzouki player 800 meters from my house!

Sometimes the stars just align. I live in a small town in Norway and have been playing irish music for several years. Recently I came in contact with a man living almost next door to me and it turns out he loves irish/scottish music as much as I do. Turns out he plays bouzouki, mandolin, guitar, bodhran, tenor banjo and more! We have started a duo called High, Low and Strings Between. I play low and high whistles and eventually Uilleann pipes. Please have a listen and subscribe if you like it!
https://youtu.be/RWzrBnZ7s3g

Posted by .

Re: I found a bouzouki player 800 meters from my house!

Lovely playing.

that’s excellent Ketil. You missed dobro out of your list of achievements!

Thanks for the reminder! We will do a couple of tunes with the dobro also, I guess. I am very lucky to have met Juha Rossi (originally from Finland). He is a very accomplished musician and a wise and gentle man. I can learn lots from him and take my playing to the next level.

Posted by .

I am delighted that you have been gifted such a wonderful opportunity.
Nice music you both make and I sincerely hope your music will fill your hearts and the silences between the notes.

Play on.

Crikey! Best thoughts!

Sweet!
You blokes are so lucky to cross paths.

That’s good news, and that’s what I call a stroke of luck. I congratulate you. May your musical friendship last long and continue to bear such fruits.

Thank you all for the good thoughts. There’s no session scene here in Norway (except one regular in Oslo). So the chance to play together is very much welcomed by both of us. There is a growing interest in trad music here in Halden so maybe at some time we will be able to host a local session. But for now we enjoy playing the two of us.

Posted by .

Very pleasant playing. You’re lucky. My nearest bouzouki player is 677 furlongs away.

You sound good together. Enjoy.

You’re lucky - I stay round the corner from a Bodhran player - and she’s my step mither!