Michael Dwyer tunes - a new publication

Michael Dwyer tunes - a new publication

Hi

I recently typeset and designed a book for Richie Dwyer - a large number of his brother Michael’s tunes, 73 to be precise. There were more apparently but they’ve proved elusive.

The book is called "The House on the Hill" and at the moment it’s available from Richie himself or from Custy’s Music Shop. I’ve encouraged Richie to have a table at the Willie Clancy merchandise launch and put it in the Pipers’ Club shop during Willie week.

There are some nice tunes in there alongside the few of his that are really well-known. All the tunes fit nicely on a tin whistle; I get the feeling they were all composed on that instrument.

Cheers
David

Re: Michael Dwyer tunes - a new publication

That should be very interesting, heard Michael a lot during his time in London 1960s/1970s. What a magnificent musician.

Umm. Custy’s catalog currently only shows Richie’s book: ‘In a Creative Mood’. For those of us living out behind Ultima Thule, how would we contact Richie?

postie, I’m not really sure, beyond sending you a PM (which I will do). I don’t feel comfortable posting other peoples’ contact details in public.

What do people think?

Available in Custys now. Ordered one today