The Session - Trips

The Session - Trips

I remember when it was announced that this feature was added to The Session but forgot that it exists. Is there anyway to get to the "trips" website other than typing in the URL? Is there a link posted on any other page on The Session that will take you there? If not, should there be?

Re: The Session - Trips

This is a tricky one. I know that trips aren’t as discoverable as they should be, but I don’t really have the screen real estate to add them to the navigation the same way we’ve got tunes, recordings, sessions, etc.

I’ll have a ponder on how to do this.

It wouldn’t necessarily make as much sense as having it in the header menu, but you could maybe put it in the footer menu… Or you could put it as a link in people’s profile pages under the Add a Trip button ("See Other People’s Trips", or something of the like)

Is it possible to put a dropdown on the Sesssios tab?

Posted by .

We did a recent trip to Northern Ireland, and I just looked at the Sessions tab for where we were going: sadly always in the wrong place on the wrong night for those once a week sessions! Next time will plan the trip around the sessions, rather than geographically.
However, I share the concern expressed by another member re broadcasting that you are away from home: as a rule I don’t post any photos of any trips away on Facebook or tell people where I am until we are safely back home again. It has already been mooted that insurance companies might not pay up if you should be unlucky enough to have your home burgled while away, and can be shown to have been telling even your close friends that fact on social media. OK if you have someone staying in your house while you are away, but if not, then be very cautious.

Re: The Sesssio(s) Trips

I don’t know what (^)Sesssios are.
oopsie-daisy!

Posted by .

@jeremy any chance you could put a link somewhere for the "Sets" feature when rendered on a mobile device.

anpiobaire, do you mean looking at your own sets or the latest sets of tunes from everyone?

Your own sets are linked from your member profile (the "Your profile" link at the top of the page whether it’s on mobile or desktop). The latest sets from everyone are on the tunes pages, though you might have to scroll down a bit on mobile.

Ah, ok. Thanks for that. It wasn’t obvious to me that it was a link when rendered on my phone.

Y’know, I think I might be able to fit "trips" into the top-level navigation after all…

I’m going to Ireland this fall but staying in a different place nearly every night so I don’t know how I could realistically use the feature.

Right! I’ve added "trips" to the main navigation. I hope this will encourage more people to add and find trips!

lynnhayes, it’s absolutely fine to add multiple trips—one for each destination you’re going to. So if you’re going to five different places in five days, you can add five different trips.