chords/lyrics/tab Jesus would have loved el paso

chords/lyrics/tab Jesus would have loved el paso

Nothing whatsoever to do with trad! I’ve been searching on and off for nearly a year for the above, but I can’t even find anywhere to buy (totally the last resort!) the sheet for this song. Can anyone offer any help?
It’s looking like I’m going to have to do what I did 30 years ago - listen a bit, write a bit, do it again, and again, and again!
Alex.

Re: chords/lyrics/tab Jesus would have loved el paso

I don’t know this song (Americana I guess?). Maybe you will have some help from this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL6Z3LdmwQs

I could not find lyrics/tabs/chords but the guy in the video is playing it live on guitar (incl singing). You may be able to understand what he does on his guitar assuming you play guitar. I guess you could write down what you see him do and hear him do when it comes to lyrics. Or maybe you manage to get in contact with the person performing live :)

What are you looking for? Chords? Melody? Post up a specific version and I can help.

I replied this morning to Arthur Figgis re his kind offer to help out, but my reply (from my phone) seems to have gone walkabout! This has happened once or twice before. Arthur Figgis, thanks for your offer to help but I’m ok with doing it myself if necessary. I’ve ran cassette tapes back and forward many times in days gone by scribbling down lyrics and enlisting help from my family when there’s a word I can’t quite decipher. One that had me stumped years ago was in Canned Heat’s "Going Up The Country" - Hadn’t got no Fare-o. That one had me defeated until my son took a listen. I think the "o" was added to suit the metre!
Thanks to everyone who answered - I’ll get there yet! I’ll look into the record label, contact them and see if they have sheet music available. Desperately trying to avoid sitting down with pen and paper!
Alex.

Hi Alex,
You’ll have to sit with pen & paper for the lyrics, unless you can find a YouTube that provides them, but here’s the chords: Am, G, F, E, back to Am. He does that over & over again, no bridge, no apparent chorus. The only fancy thing he does is a little hammer of the index finger during the Am chord. If I’m not mistaken, it’s the same chord progression as Bob Dylan’s One More Cup of Coffee (aka the Valley Below).
Have fun…
J.P.

Thank you for that! I’ll check that out tomorrow!

The above recording is different chords from Tim Henderson’s original. His is:

F | G| C G/B | am am/G |
F | G | F | C |

That’s the meat of the song. Let me know if you want to go deeper.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5sHXSfhTcZI

From the video above the guitar chord progression is Am/G/F/Em, and doesn’t seem to change through the whole song. [Have to admit I didn’t get through more than the first couple of verses and the "chorus", which is the same as the verses].

Note: Comment refers to the first "live" video posted……; other one snuck in while I was typing.

Concur with Arthur regarding the chording from the Tim Henderson Legacy Collection. He’s got it in the key of C. Casey Yeager apparently felt better in Am. He definitely used an E major chord, though, as the dominant to Am.
The question, now, is, which version of El Paso do you love?