A bit of shameless self promotion

A bit of shameless self promotion

I know not all of you are that interested in listening to what other members are doing, but I share this all the same :-)
It has taken so many years to finally enjoy (party) my own playing. This video I actually can say I am proud of. Hope you like it too.
Casadh An Tsugain
https://youtu.be/XgC6zXB0zsU

Posted by .

Re: A bit of shameless self promotion

enjoy (partly) not party :-)

Posted by .

Well…. I’m impressed.
A well presented vid too.

Beautiful, thank you!

Playing is lovely, don’t like the way you mixed it though. All the echo in there makes it sound overproduced IMO.

Posted by .

Thank you for your feedback everyone ! I would never think only a whistle and a bouzouki could sound overproduced :-) We only added reverb, nothing else, but reverb is a very personal taste, I know.
Just to add : This is live played through two mics into a small mixer with some reverb and connected to a iPhone and filmed and recorded in real time.

Posted by .

Well done Ketil. I like this a lot.

Fine playing - the reverb is minimal, just enough to give the music a little depth. Something with dobro next!

Lovely. Glad you’re still enjoying your newfound musical partnership!

Beautiful playing and a good arrangement. I kind of agree about the reverb - just a tad less I think would be better. As you say, it is a personal aesthetic choice.
One thing I would suggest you might try is to play the long notes up a harmony on the section where the bouzouki takes the melody to add more color and take the whistle out of the mix a little more.

Thanks a lot JWiseman! Constructive feedback! We will start recording a few tracks for digital release and all feedback will be considered to get the best result.

Posted by .

Thank you for posting this. Beautiful and inspiring. It has pushed me over the edge of the rabbit hole I have been tottering on these past months. I recently ordered a
bouzouki and now I see that I must look into whistle as well!
Best wishes!

Wow, Daviec. If we have succeded in inspiring you that’s the best feedback we could get! Thank you!

Posted by .

Very nice playing of a lovely tune…
I tend to like the reverb and were it coming off my CD player, I’d think nothing of it. To close my eyes, I’d picture it happening in a good auditorium or a historic cathedral, possibly a parking garage. But to see it happening in the garden, outdoors, sets up a bit of cognitive dissonance…
Still, good playing. I liked it.

Great stuff as always Ketil. Thanks.

Posted by .

Well done lads…..really enjoyed your playing…..great tune…..and I like the reverb

Thanks everyone! Glad you liked it reverb and everything :-)

Posted by .