anyone know of an app for windows or android which can play abc files in jig rhythm with offbeat accents 3 and 6?

anyone know of an app for windows or android which can play abc files in jig rhythm with offbeat accents 3 and 6?

hi,

does anyone know of an app for windows or android which can play abc files in jig rhythm with offbeat accents 3 and 6? so the jig would be played 1,2 THREE 4,5, SIX
is there any app which can do that? I tried ABCMUS but couldn’t figure out how to achieve that

thanks!

Re: anyone know of an app for windows or android which can play abc files in jig rhythm with offbeat accents 3 and 6?

Why would you want to accent Three and Six?

Re: anyone know of an app for windows or android which can play abc files in jig rhythm with offbeat accents 3 and 6?

%%MIDI beatstring ppfppm
Try it in the header and probably delete the rhythm info field [R:jig]

Posted by .

@AB it works! good man! I think I also understood from your example that in order to form a similar offbeat pattern for reel I would write "%%MIDI beatstring ppfpppfp" ?

BTW I didn’t even have to remove the R: field!

@Jimmiller It’s something I was taught years ago by now I don’t even remember who taught me that (sorry teacher) I find this particularly effective for picking\plucking\hammering instruments such as guitar piano xylophone harp etc… try solo fingerpicking a jig tune on the guitar for instance but focus on emphasizing the 3rd eighth and the 6th you’ll get a very nice sense of grounding groove that way, the 1st and 4th beats are already a given…. (given I mean within the jig’s internal melody, the melody itself highlights these)