Anyone know who makes or the best place to buy bouzouki hard cases?

Anyone know who makes or the best place to buy bouzouki hard cases?

can anyone recommend anywhere online or any makers who make/sell irish bouzouki hard cases?

Thanks

Re: Anyone know who makes or the best place to buy bouzouki hard cases?

Depending on the shape of your instrument, you might find a banjo case or guitar case that will work. Standard teardrop shapes will often fit in a banjo case. Bouzoukis with scrolls or points will often fit in a dreadnought guitar case.

If you’re willing to spend the money, many of the high end case makers will make custom cases specifically for your instrument. You could look at Calton, Main Stage, Hoffee, etc.

I have hard cases for all my instruments, but it’s hard to think of the last time I used one. I use gig bags, especially when traveling! There is some comfort in knowing that your instrument is shielded from damage, but airlines and railways take that comfort too, and are likely to make you check the instrument instead of carrying it on. They never do that with a gig bag…

Do Hiscox do a suitable case?

Posted by .

thanks for the advice, i emailed hiscox for advice about which one to go for based on my measurements, it’s just theres so many different sizes of bouzouki i guess.

i might try carlton and some of the other ones mentioned, i always think a good hard case is essential nowadays as if you are at a fleadh or some festival there’s just so many people about now anything other case is open to abuse from wear and tear etc

Ashbury makes several including a long wide case for large body e.g. Fylde. Special order through Hobgoblin at least in the US. I’ve ditched hard cases for custom padded ones, no issues carrying on planes etc.

Posted by .

Mike Mullen in Dublin makes bouzouki cases for Joe Foley and I can personally attest that they are very good. Ditto Calton, if they’re still made.