Comhaltas Foinn Seisiún récords no longer on Spotify?

Comhaltas Foinn Seisiún récords no longer on Spotify?

Just noticed that the Comhaltas Foinn Seisiún recordings are no longer on Spotify, which is a bummer because it was a convenient thing to practice with them using my Spotify account.

Does anyone know what might have happened there and whether it’s a permanent development?

Re: Comhaltas Foinn Seisiún récords no longer on Spotify?

I’ve been watching this thread with interest for the past 2 days. I’ve looked /listened on Spotify a few times but to be honest it doesnt really appeal to me. I think I have an account, but I never go there.
It would never have occurred to me to look for Foinn Seisuns on there. OK, you can hear the tunes I assume, but I could never keep up and play along without the written score. I envy those who are capable of that, but I’m not able to do that.
Right now I’m listening to The Mountain Road, slowed down by 25% and hoping to get there in a day or two.
I bought all 3 books and CDs a while back. As far as I can remember the CDs were 10 euro and the books 15.
75 euro in total. Rang Comhaltas, placed my order, bought the lot and was charged about 50 euro.

Copy the discs into your computer, open them in Audacity at whatever speed you want and the world of ITM is yer lobster . Or something.
Alex.

I like oysters too. Isn’t there a tune about an Oyster girl?

I’m delighted when something is removed from Spotify. The more that is the better it is for musicians.

I have a free Spotify account which I only use rarely. However, I’ve got a subscription with Amazon(To my shame) and can listen to lots of music by streaming.

Of course, I understand all the arguments from the musicians’ point of view. However, I still buy as many albums either in physical or download format as I’ve ever done especially at gigs and so on but also from stores etc or by delivery.

I’d like to think that most people would want to pay for something they really want or like but I’m maybe being a bit naive here. For me, checking out something on a Stream, You Tube etc is a bit like taping the odd song or two of the wireless(radio to the younger readers) in the old days. It was just to check it out and I’d often buy the actual recording later on if I really liked it.

"Of course, I understand all the arguments from the musicians’ point of view. However, I still buy as many albums either in physical or download format as I’ve ever done especially at gigs and so on but also from stores etc or by delivery." - sure JJ but you’re a musician, musicians are more likely to support the creation of recorded music.
You might have seen Hamish Napier’s #iBoughtify post. Three years
Spotify income equivalent to 38 CD sales for two great album and tens of thousands of plays. I’ve also got plenty of personal experience of the damage from downloads. Spotify is basically legal theft.

I can’t tell you how many artists I found on Spotify so I could purchase their albums. It’s a great resource to discover new artists.

Thanks Darth Piper for the playlist! Now if only Spotify would introduce a slowdowner…

It’s always good to hear about exceptions to the rule.

With the amazon music streaming service I somehow can’t download comhaltas foinn seisiun 2 on my phone. Never had this problem with any other recording of any artist. And foinn seisiun 3 can’t even be bought on amazon anymore (unless you pay some hundred bucks for a used CD, completely ridiculous..and I think I remember this situation has been the same for a couple of years).
In times of music downloads and streaming services this is a complete joke.

Just checked - all 3 albums available on Google Play Music, purchasable for like $1 each (local price I guess)

They are back on Spotify.