Hurricane Dorian?

Hurricane Dorian?

If it’s a wind storm, shouldn’t it be Aeolian?

Re: Hurricane Dorian?

Funny. I’d say Aeolian or Dorion fits, depending on your interpretation.

We blow it up with a nuke. Sorry…I just couldn’t stop myself.

"We blow it up with a nuke."

I’m glad that "The Donald" has probably never listened to a bodhran player.
🙂

From a Goon show…
Eccles is shooting at an ‘enemy’…..hurricanes?

‘Bang, down goes another one. Bang, down goes another one,
CLICK. Oooooohh.
I’ve run out of bullets’.

Excuses to deny global
warming…what a clown. Sorry to American citizens…you got Trump, we, in UK, got Boris.
Sad.
Sorry, this is too political, mea culpa…

Día dhaoibh! Greetings all!

All these categories are very interesting, like Dorian is a Grade 5 Catastrophic.

I thought I might relate to you, as directly taught to me by my Granny and Mum, about ‘The Night of the Big Wind; Granny always called it that, Mum called it ‘The Night of the Great Wind’
Anyway, the Irish for it is ‘Oíche na Gaoithe Móire’ and it really happened!
It was back in 1839, 6th January, and a storm, hurricane, came in off the Atlantic and ripped everything apart. The low pressure was recorded as 918mB which, as you all know now, is pretty drastic.
So Granny’s grandparents, and maybe a parent, were alive at the time when she was born, late 1890s, and this was passed down to us so, so often.
My maternal family side originates from Forkhill, Co. Armagh, and apparently the storm blew flat all the stone walls and destroyed stone barns and dwellings!
Granny often talked about it whenever a big storm came over, and it was then that she would mention about it.

Kind thoughts, prayers and blessings to all of our friends and any relatives in the path of this present storm

All the best
Brian x