Lyric Video Software

Lyric Video Software

I played out in pubs clubs and hotel lounges for years.
Nowadays I’m mostly found in Care Facilities and Community Halls.
I used to have ring binders full of fake sheets. Horrible things! Drunken dancers were almost guaranteed to knock them down. The rings popped open and away went the hand written lyrics. Then we got Chordie and Ultimate Guitar and could download and print lyric sheets.
I now have piles of Display Books full of lyrics. They’re more or less geared towards playing in 5 or 6 places - if I sing a lot of Folk in a home today, I’ll do less Folk and more Gospel next time. Next visit is more Oldies and Rock.
Just bought a Tablet computer. Busy loading all my music stuff now my microSD card has arrived.
Intending to replace all my Display Books with playlists in the tablet. Also interested in compiling associated lists of backing tracks.
I normally play unplugged, my lungs are working ok even if the rest of me is crocked but in the event of a plugged in booking I would like to have lyric videos making up my computer play lists.
Can anyone recommend software for creating these type of files and also an Android app for compiling playlists for them. Seems that avi and mp4 are the favoured file formats for Android. I used Van Basco for years on my laptop but it doesn’t work on Android. I can of course continue with the laptop but the tablet is a lot smaller and a lot lighter and can sit on a music stand. It can also be mute when I just want fakebook lists.
Thanks
Alex.

Re: Lyric Video Software

Why do you need backing tracks, can you not play them on whatever instrument you play. What ever happened to musicians.

Whatever happened to basic manners and answering the question that was asked.

Posted by .

The great musicians of Ireland what would they think of backing tracks. Come back Paddy Fahey.

To be fair, the OP was asking for assistance and advice for a particular purpose. He may or may not have had experience of playing with other musicians and even accompanying himself.
Using backing tracks in such an environment may be a more convenient and easier option especially if, as he suggests himself, he is maybe no longer quite as physically able as he used to be.

"can you not play them on whatever instrument you play"

It all depends on the instrument too. Not easy to sing and accompany yourself on the flute or Highland pipes. :-)

Hope some kind poster will help here, Alex. Unfortunately, I’m not "au fait" with such matters.

Johnny, I understood this site is about traditional irish music not one-man bands.

Yes.
However, the OP is a fairly well established member here and, from his previous posts, I can see that he has an interest in traditional Irish Music and will be well aware of the general ethos of this site.

I don’t see any issue in him asking fellow members for advice. It was quite reasonable for him to assume that some of the musicians here would have knowledge of technical matters also. Maybe it might be a different matter if it was just a random post from somebody who had just stumbled on this site but it’s still "nice to be nice".

Well there ye go. I thought I had fully explained my question, but not sufficiently to please gooseinthenettles.
Goose, do please forgive me for upsetting your pure drop fixation. Just to explain, specially for you - I occasionally play for over a hundred or more persons, many of whom have little or no interest in trad and like to hear Country, Oldies and Gospel. Amped up. With backing tracks. I usually put in a bit of trad, and it usually goes down well. In fact it goes down better with them than my question here has gone down with you.
Gooseinthenettles, lighten up please!
Alex.

As long as you don’t tell me " I’m not in the groove"

Alexander, good luck with your question.

Alexander Gurgan, I’m researching video editors as we speak, for my own lyric video purposes. I’ve been working on this for a couple of days, and havent really come up short; I just haven’t found something simple and accessible yet. Doing more work on it after I get off work, while my car is being worked on. I’ll post my findings here if you like.