Sessions in Ithaca, NY

Sessions in Ithaca, NY

I’m not going to Ithaca, but a friend of mine from Glasgow has moved there and said she’s missing traditional music (doesn’t play; just likes listening). I said I could probably find her a session.

Are the ones listed in ‘the session’ section still active? Are there others?

Re: Sessions in Ithaca, NY

Both sessions listed in Ithaca are active. There is plenty of great live music in this area.

The Trumansburg session is taking a break. Other sessions are in Syracuse and Rochester.

Posted by .

Rochester has a number (a bit of a drive, but a few folks come up often enough), and a small one recently started up in Geneva, halfway between us.

Aside from the Ithaca ones which are still active, here are some other sessions in the Syracuse area:

1st Sunday: McCarthy’s in Cazenovia 4-7 (Syracuse Irish Session)
2nd and 4th Saturday: Kitty Hoyne’s in Syracuse 2-5 (Kitty Hoyne’s Session) (might want to check during football season)
3rd Wednesday: Kitty Hoyne’s in Syracuse 6-8 (Syracuse Irish Session) (this one is sort of new, so not sure about staying power)
3rd Wednesday: Seneca Street Brewpub in Manlius 5-8 (Kitty Hoyne’s Session) (this one sometimes changes due to availability of musicians)