John Kelly Capel Street

John Kelly Capel Street

I wanted to let people know that I have created a website that is now live about my grandfather John Kelly Senior, the fiddle and concertina player from West Clare. It has 50 tunes from his repertoire along with details of his life and musical collaborations amongst lots of other information. There are never before published audio and video recordings of him playing also on the site.

http://johnkellycapelstreet.ie/

Re: John Kelly Capel Street

Thank you, Aoife! It seems to be very slow at loading the various pages, but I can’t wait to explore the whole site, dedicated to such a wonderful musician. Ah - I see why it was slow, because of the video. Once that has loaded, the site works fine.

Well done to you. Beautiful site and a lovely legacy. It is always nice to look back and remember.

Grand, Aoife. I’m having some trouble downloading the resources too, but what I’ve seen is mighty.

I spent a few months in Dublin and Clare and Kerry in 1974. Giants walked the land…

Great stuff Aoife, what a brilliant resource!

Thanks everyone for your messages.

About it being slow, I am aware of this and am going to try to fix this issue.

About downloading resources, I got some lovely clips from Comhaltas but was told that I couldn’t make these available for download. So this is the reason why you can’t easily download recourses throughout the website. However, I have no problem with people downloading most of the recordings so I am going to try to make them available and not the Comhaltas ones. I just haven’t found a way of doing this on certain pages yet.

Thanks,
Aoife