Are there any Web sites from which you can order older trad vinyl?

Are there any Web sites from which you can order older trad vinyl?

I’m guessing the answer is "no" but I thought I’d ask anyway!
Within the next few months, both my birthday and Christmas are coming up, and I would love to get access to the first 3 albums from the Welsh folk band Ar Log. Their more recent work is available digitally, but these first 3 are not. I know that there are sometimes used copies sold on Amazon, although ideally I’d like new copies because I need to turn them into mp3 files in order for my Braille device to play them.
There IS an "Ar Log I-III" album here on The Session which is available on iTunes, but it is just a "best of" compilation rather than a volume of all tracks from all 3 albums.
So, in short, are there any sites you go to for trad vinyl that might be worth me searching for these albums?
Thanks.

Re: Are there any Web sites from which you can order older trad vinyl?

One of the best sites for vinyl is eBay, but I don’t think you’ll get the records you want as new vinyl. I’ve just dome a simple search on UK eBay, and there are loads of used copies of them. Good luck, Whimbrel.

Don’t buy…you can download tons of out of print vinyl here:

https://ceolalainn.breqwas.net/

Best kept secret on the web

Thanks Nigel, I’ll definitely check out eBay.
Skin&bow, that seems like a very interesting and rare site! It doesn’t appear that there are any Welsh trad recordings on here, but I might find it useful later.

Whimbrel…oops , yes, prob right on that score. Sorry. But, depending on your instrument you’ll find some great old playing on these rarities. Good luck on the Welsh search. Oddly, just last month there was an plus in the bin at Salvation Army thrift store of trad welsh tunes…folk tunes. In welsh. Here in Ontario no less! Didn’t buy it. Can’t remember name of it offhand. From 70 s or 60 s for sure.

Wow, Skin&bow, that’s really, really impressive and also very, very random.

Crazy, but true. Interestingly my daughter teaches music in Cardiff and counts native welsh speakers and musicians among her friends….so that’s why I noticed it.

Actually , now I think of it the oldest record store in the world ( true!M) is located in Cardiff…it’s in the Victorian mall in centre of the city…can’t remember its name but a quick google search will turn them up….definitely they will have things in genre you are searching for….

Small world eh?

From California to Canada to Wales …in a heartbeat. Good luck.let me know how you do.

Ah, spillers records..established 1894… Cardiff , Wales…oldest rec store in the world!

Wow, that’s fascinating. And thanks for the link.

You can often find Irish LPs on discogs.com
Recently there were comments about the Castle Ceili Band and
I went to discogs and bought a copy of the 1971 record for $10 or so.
I just listened to it this morning.

As said above discogs.com is great for any genre. You can create a want-list of LPs and it will notify you when something in your list is up for sale. Generally much cheaper than ebay as they keep track of average prices of that LP and sellers tend to adhere to it.

I second things like discogs, reverb, and eBay. However I will say, since you’re bio says you are in the area, if you are up for a trip to central LA I’ve found lots of good old trad LPs at Amoeba in Hollywood (like the first Bothy Band for $1.99!!!) and The Last Bookstore in DTLA (when I was there a couple of months ago they had a few Welsh language LPs and they still might be there). You might, or might not, find what you are looking for but definitely worth looking and IMO much more fun than ordering online!

Posted by .

Thank you all. The sites look great, but Amoeba sounds awesome as well and I think I will visit it one of these days.

Discogs is your friend!