New Beolach CD out.

New Beolach CD out.

For those who are fans of the Cape Breton group Beloach, their new CD is out. They will be selling it at Celtic Colours (which started yesterday; one concert streamed online every night ), and they are getting it in to a few shops. I don’t have it yet, but one shop will hold one for me when they get theirs. Couple of changes to the lineup; Wendy MacIsaac, Mairi Rankin, and Mac Morin are still there, but no Patrick Gillis, and Matt MacIsaac is on pipes and whistles in place of Ryan J. MacNeil. I’ve heard that lineup… still a great band.

Re: New Beolach CD out.

Hi Adrian,
I haven’t heard of this group, but they sound intriguing.
I am really looking forward (as I’m sure you also are) to Natalie MacMaster’s newest album "Sketches" which is due to come out this November 1, according to Facebook.

Great - I loved the first 2 albums and saw them play live a couple of times. Will be interested to hear this at some point.

@Whimbrel they are all top musicians; both their earlier albums are on Spotify if you want to have a listen, and listed here. I kinda wish Ryan J. and Patty were still with the band, but I have to accept change I guess. If you like Natalie, you have probably heard Matt MacIsaac, he is often in her band; Mac Morin too.

Celtic Colours will stream one concert a night through the festival….. except for the first and last night, you don’t know which concert they will be doing until an hour or so ahead. Last night it was the Barra MacNeils and extended family. Beolach will be in the final night concert, along with Julie Fowlis, and Breabach. We have tickets for that one.

Thanks for the info on Beolach and on the Celtic Colours concert streaming. Attending Celtic Colours is on my bucket list. Cape Breton is gorgeous and we had a lovely time travelling around there one summer, with local music everywhere. I’m sure the Celtic Colours festival time has even more amazing music to hear. Enjoy the concert!

"Attending Celtic Colours is on my bucket list."
It’s on mine too.