New book Serious Ocarina Player

New book Serious Ocarina Player

I have recently launched a new book called Serious Ocarina Player which covers everything involved with playing the Italian ocarina as a serious musical instrument. Well known player David Erik Ramos called it a ‘bible’ for ocarina players in his foreword. The book covers topics including a basic history and what ocarinas are able to do, fingerings, playing in tune, single chamber and multichamber ocarinas, identifying good music to play on the instrument etc. It has 288 pages.

The book can be found here:

https://seriousocarinabook.com

Re: New book Serious Ocarina Player

I’ve yet to find an affordable ocarina in D.

There was a lad who came to our college session in the Student Center who played what looked to be a soprano ocarina. He was just learning the tunes so rather slow, but he really wanted to play. Hope he sees your post.

Never forget the first time I heard one. Well not strictly true I was so stoned and it was a very long time ago. Thought they sounded really cool. I bought a lousy cheapo and never learned it. I don’t actually think I’ve heard it again since. I thought borderpipes were niche!

@Michelle - Your comment refers to a D ocarina. Does this imply the book is only useful for a ocarina in D?