Adult Tin Whistle lessons in Louth area

Adult Tin Whistle lessons in Louth area

Hi.

I play the whistle more as a hobby that anything else (it runs in the family!) and can play a bit but I’d like to get some lessons as I know there are things I don’t do correctly and I’d like to learn. I’ve tried some lessons online and while they weren’t bad, I only found them useful to a point.

Does anyone have any recommendations for adult whistle lessons in the Louth area?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Padraig

Re: Adult Tin Whistle lessons in Louth area

If you can play a bit there is an Adult slow session in Byrnes of No10 on the Dublin rd Dundalk each Wednesday at 7:30pm. It’s not an actual lesson as such, but an adult slow session with a learning aspect. I can highly recommend it. It is promoted to be for "Adults of all music abilities".

For actual class style lessons maybe check with your local Comhaltas branch, they may offer adult lessons.

Thanks Merry. I did try the local Comhaltas but they didn’t reply lol

There’s an early session in the Spirit Store on Sundays from 5pm and I know some of the Comhaltas students/parents go there as well as other musicans. Good place to ask re teachers or make contact.

I’m based in Navan so don’t know much about teachers in Louth.

Lessons on one to one basis in Old Gaol, although term started. Group adult lessons available on a Saturday in Carrickmacross (dm me if you’re interested). Also lessons available in Inniskeen with Walsh School of Music. Seán Walsh is an amazing whistle player.