I’ve got a long list of tunes I would like identifying, anybody like to help?

Re: I’ve got a long list of tunes I would like identifying, anybody like to help?

Two reels. 1st The Mountain road, 2ndPaddy on the railroad.

Re: I’ve got a long list of tunes I would like identifying, anybody like to help?

I know the second tune as Merry Blacksmith

First is the Killavil; not so sure about the second.

Detlefs, you’re right it is also known as The Merry Blacksmith.

The jigs: First comes the 2nd part of "The One That Was Lost" (composed by Paddy O’Brien).
Then as someone else wrote above "The Killavil Jig".
And the last jig is indeed "An Buachaillin Bui"

"…tell me when you get bored and I’ll bugger off…."

We (some of us, at least) never tire of tune ID posts. But why not post all you links in one go, to save the thread from getting too rambling?

I’m actually enjoying this drip-feeding of videos—each time feels like the next round of a quiz. 🙂

the 2nd vid, [ending 765] is The Longford Tinker/The Sailor’s Bonnet - maybe they started with The Tarbolton but it didnt get recorded? Going to listen to some of the others now.

next one, [462] Mist Covered Mountain/The Kilfenora - then a lot of chat and about 7;30 a jig I’m unfamiliar with. Someone else’s turn now!

The 5th one (ending 1511) is Tinkers Daughter.

“I’m actually enjoying this drip-feeding of videos—each time feels like the next round of a quiz.”

Sorry, Jeremy - I’ve spoilt your fun.

1635003353477477 sounds like a fragment of The Bucks of Oranmore

652573805053765 christy taylor is correct^ except that it’s The Longford *Collector*, not The Longford Tinker

Jigs: The Mist Covered Mountain/The Old Favourite
Hornpipe: The Rights of Man
Jig: The Leg Of The Duck

1785476761763468 appears to be the same tunes as 1778869982424146 (the 2nd clip posted), except that we dont hear the last B-part of The One That Was Lost.

CMO - I’m sure i read somewhere there was some dispute as to whether Michael Coleman himself
referred to the reel as ‘Tinker’ or ‘Collector’ but i am always willing to concede to someone with greater knowledge.

"…some dispute as to whether Michael Coleman himself
referred to the reel as ‘Tinker’ or ‘Collector’…"

Ah, well I wouldn’t want to argue with the great man - and your knowledge is clearly greater than mine as I did not know that. But there are two completely different tunes, one of which is most commonly known as ‘The Longford Collector’ and the other ‘The Longofrd Tinker’ (or ‘Spinster’). By using the ‘Collector’ version of the name, there should be no ambiguity over which tune is being referred to.

CMO - ok well I didnt know that - so we both learnt something today. Thanks be to theSession!

When I want to know a tune name, I use TunePal. I play the first 2 or 3 bars and normally TP finds the tune. If I do not play the tune yet I learn the first bars and play them to TP