Any regular sessions in Hull?

Any regular sessions in Hull?

I have just moved to the area and wondering if there is anything going on.

I did a search of posts past and like most cases I found the sessions pages are something like a decade old.

So any up to date information?

Thanks.

Re: Any regular sessions in Hull?

Used to be good sessions there years ago but don’t know any musicians from there now. None of them get to Whitby Folk Week sessions, which is a local festival.

My contact up that way says:

Session in Beverley at the Monks Walk at 7.30 on Sundays and every 3rd Thursday at Chequers micro pub in Beverley at 8. The Monks has live music most nights of different types and there are some slower sessions in Beverley.

Beverley is about 10 miles to the north of Hull,
There are apparently sessions in Hull itself but I am awaiting info on these!

Thanks! Beverley would certainly be a lovely place to take a trip to for a session now and then, I’m sure it would be a lovely atmosphere, but would be nice to have a local local one in Hull itself. Will eagerly await the update.

I am told that the sessions in Hull tend to move around a bit but the current options are:

i) Tunes only on Tuesday evenings fortnightly (next one 10 December) at Vintage Bar, Silver Street, Hull
ii) Tunes and songs Wednesday evenings at the Black Boy pub
iii) Tunes and songs Saturday afternoon at the Live Lounge on Spring Bank, West Hull

Good luck!

Just seen a post on Facebook, Whittington and Cat, Saturday Afternoons

Where’s Hull?

Posted by .

When I first tried to read this discussion, I didn’t have my glasses on and I thought it was asking if there were any sessions in Hell.

Laurence

Friend Joss went to Hull Univ. many years ago. Then it smelled strongly of fish, but no doubt nowadays IT DOES NOT. (I mean the town not the seat of learning).

johndsamuels thank you for posting the link to the explanation of that old saying.

Laurence