Copeland low D brass, repair or sell or replace?

Copeland low D brass, repair or sell or replace?

Have Copeland low D with damaged fipple. Fipple got dropped and dinged the air hole corner and tuning slide. Should be repairable. Mostly plays but the octave D is stubborn and slide needs help. Was very playable being tapered. Are there any similar low D whistles?

Re: Copeland low D brass, repair or sell or replace?

I think the Copeland, being brass & a tapered bore, has a unique sound. Worth getting repaired, or sell to someone who is willing to have the work done.

You might even consider contacting Michael Copeland through Facebook. He is said to still be performing some repairs.
https://www.facebook.com/mdcopeland

Posted by .

Copelands are in pretty high demand, and as Kkrell mentioned, unique in their sound. If it’s a whistle you’ve enjoyed playing I would say it’s worth holding onto and having it repaired. Being in demand, they can go for a bit of money, so I would think repair cost in relation to whistle cost would be worth it.

As of August 2019 Michael was still doing repairs. His contact at that time was mdcopeland@gmail.com

Good luck.

Posted by .

I know a guy who plays a beautiful Copeland high D whistle, that the soldered joint had worked loose.

Just a couple weeks ago he sent it to Copeland who repaired it free of charge.

amicksmith@yahoo.com - Have you decided on a resolution?

Posted by .