For Sale: 2018 Roy Kang Copy of 1743 Guarneri Violin/Fiddle

For Sale: 2018 Roy Kang Copy of 1743 Guarneri Violin/Fiddle

I have a beautiful sounding instrument made by Roy Kang from the small county of Anping, in Hebei Province. Roy Kang owns a violin workshop that employs less than a dozen apprentices, but own his handmade instruments are very well crafted, and produce a very big and responsive sound. Sound samples will be posted shortly, as well as photos.

I purchased this instrument from Roy along with a Strad copy intended for my younger brother, but he favours the Strad for it’s brighter tone, and I play a 5-string. It has served as a backup instrument, but I really haven’t had a use for it and cannot justify having it around when someone else can put it to good use.

I’m asking $2000 USD, which is what I paid for it brand new, excluding the case and shipping.

Re: For Sale: 2018 Roy Kang Copy of 1743 Guarneri Violin/Fiddle

Regarding the sound sample, what strings were on the fiddle?
Thanks.
David.

Re: For Sale: 2018 Roy Kang Copy of 1743 Guarneri Violin/Fiddle

David,

Pirastro Tonica that are approximately 2 weeks old. A string like Obligato or D’Addario Amo would be very suited on this fiddle, to really bring out the warm and dark low tones, as it has a very sweet A and E, especially in 3rd position and beyond.