Best way to reach Colin Goldie (Overton Whistle maker)

Best way to reach Colin Goldie (Overton Whistle maker)

What’s the best way to reach Colin/Bridgette to discuss purchase?

Re: Best way to reach Colin Goldie (Overton Whistle maker)

I had a strange experience trying to order a Goldie whistle.

It’s due because of the time difference between Germany and California, and the fact that my work doesn’t allow us to talk on our cell phones while on the job.

Colin wanted to have a chat before I placed my order, and after a couple weeks of playing a fruitless game of phone-tag I gave up and bought a used Goldie whistle on C&F.

I had a strange experience on Chiff & Fipple. It happens, Richard. But I had a very good experience speaking w/Colin before buying one of his whistles.
AB

Posted by .

I’m in northern California, so because of the time difference between the two countries, I’ve made a point to either stay up late or get up very early in the morning (Pacific Coast time) to coordinate phone calls. Both Colin and Brigitte are delightful to talk to and do business with. However, because of their workload, it can take some time to hear back, so a phone call can be helpful. The shop phone number is listed on the contact page: https://www.colingoldie.de/contact.html

From the Goldie website (https://www.colingoldie.de/how-to-order.html):
"Easiest to place an order is to send an email, saying so. When placing your order please give your full name, address and if possible a telephone contact so that you can be contacted differently than just via email. You will receive an acknowledging email for your order. Due the actual work situation in the office our email reply times are long at the moment and we encourage giving us a phone call if you do not hear from us within a couple of months or longer."

I did the following but no response:
1. Sent emails
2. Sent message through the Contact page on their website using web form

I’ll wait a bit before I call; perhaps, they are busy with all of the Christmas orders.

I bought a whistle from Colin last year. I emailed, left it a couple of months and then phoned up. I had a a couple of very enjoyable chats with Colin and then got my whistle within about four weeks. This was October/November and he did mention that it was always really busy in the run-up to Christmas so I think you’re right to wait and call in early Jan.

Brigitte responded. Looks like the best way is to call.