"Come West Along The Road" DVDs on "Youtube"

Re: "Come West Along The Road" DVDs on "Youtube"

Thanks Kenny!

Thanks so much Kenny! I’ll be sure to watch.

This is a treasure trove! Thanks for finding them, Kenny.

Martin Hayes at 16!

Weekend wrecked!

Dear Kenny
All my good intentions ruined! My veg garden neglected! I clicked on the first one and that was it
🙂 🙂

What a wonderful archive, it brought back a flood of happy meetings and music, some sadness when you think of when some of them passed. Thank you again

By the way, in spite of not being the best with this phone I’ve got, I WAS able to listen to your dulcet tones on SHMU last week. Congratulations on a wonderfully presented and informative programme. I’ll certainly be listening in again. Fancy that, from 1/2 a world away!

Hope all’s going well with you

All the best
Brian x

I looked at the first two; very nice. I’d love to know who the fiddler is, and what the tune is, in the intro they always use. It’s definitely a slide they’re playing and parts of it sound familiar, but I’m not sure I know it.

Truly excellent, and thank you Kenny. Our library only has a couple of the DVD’s. Now the whole set is here. They are wonderful programs. Very precious.

excellent

Anyone know what the first tune is on Vol. 4 (excluding the intro)?

Also, that track of fiddler Philip Duffy on Vol. 3 is brilliant.

Thanks Cheeky Elf, it’s a great tune I hadn’t heard before. When I get more time on my hands, I think I will try and add the tune names for Vols. 3 and 4, as they were not added to the description as they were for Vols. 1 and 2. Just an idea.

Just discovered these videos have been taken down.

And whoever posted them seems to have had their account "terminated". A great shame.

Posted by .