Searching for info on the ‘Broom Reel’, thanks

Searching for info on the ‘Broom Reel’, thanks

Hi
I’m looking for info for a reel I am learning on tin whistle. It’s the Broom Reel and I’m taking it from Clare McKenna’s ‘A Complete Guide To Learning The Irish Tin Whistle’ (pg 67). I have tried the tunes section of this site, Youtube, the library etc and can’t find it anywhere. I don’t wish to submit the notes just yet as it may be here already under another name.. plus it’s late and I haven’t quite figured out how to do it yet.
It’s a lovely little reel and I would like to hear other versions/performances of it- as well as get some recommendations of tunes that I can play with it. Apologies if I’m posting this query in the wrong section. Thanks.

Re: Searching for info on the ‘Broom Reel’, thanks

Welcome to The Session!

Could it be "Down the Broom", a fairly common reel? I’m not familiar with the McKenna tutor book.

https://thesession.org/tunes/514

If it’s Down the Broom, I learned it a long time ago from the album Corner House by the band Irish Tradition.

It’s the last set on the album: Congress reel/Down the Broom/Star of Munster (three tunes in Am)

Yep it’s Sheehan’s alright- just youtubed it and listening to it now. Thanks so much for this help guys!