Can’t find any version of the tune I heard the other night

Can’t find any version of the tune I heard the other night

Hey folks, the title here is pretty self explanatory. I was at a jam up on the mountain the other day, and at one point everyone got up to go get a bite to eat and it was just me, a fiddler, and the flutist sitting around the circle.

They played this short, but lovely tune that felt faintly familiar (probably ‘cause they’d played it before but I wasn’t sure).

When I asked them what it was called, they said "Lass dance" (or maybe it was "Last dance"?), and when I got home I searched it up everywhere but I can’t find it. I wish I could send some kind of notation of the melody to mix and match things with, but it’s lost in my memory.

Has anyone heard of it? If so, could you send me a link or something? Or if you think I’m gettin’ the name wrong, and you’ve got any hunches as to what tune I might actually be goin’ on about here, let me know.

Thank guys.

Re: Can’t find any version of the tune I heard the other night

Hey Cal,
Here in the Green Mountains some of the players in our circle will launch into a tune by John Whelan which goes by the name "Last Dance." I had no luck finding dots for this haunting melody on the internewt. I learnt it by ear from his recording on Spotify.

Fair winds,
G5

I dredged this up on YouTube. This is the tune I know as "Last Dance."

https://youtu.be/Ev43aMkMHm4

I hope this was of some help.

Oh.

Posted .

Thanks guys!