Help with tune ID

Help with tune ID

Hi. A friend has taught me this, what sounds like a Scottish 2/4 march, and neither of us know the name. I’d be grateful if you could help us identify it please.

The mode is E Dorian (F and C sharp) and the default note length would be 1/16th, such that the 2 after the note denotes a quaver. The way my friend plays it there is a definite scotch snap to the semiquavers with the rhythm. Hopefully you’ll recognise it and perhaps even know the composer. It may already be listed on this site but I’ve tried searching the intro phrases with no luck. It may be known in a different key (G Dorian sounds quite good). Many thanks:

B,D|:E2ED E2DE|F2 E2 E2 B2|F2EF B2AF|A2 D2 D2B,D|E2ED E2DE|F2 E2 E2 B2|
F2EF B2AF|B2 E2 E2B,D:|
FA|:B2AB d2Bd|e2Be d4|B2AB d2Bd|
BAFE DEFA|[1 B2AB d2Bd|e2Be d4|
cABA dBAF|B2 E2 E2FA:|
[2 GGFG A2GA|BBAB e3e|d2cA dBAF|
B2 E2 E2||

Re: Help with tune ID

Any chance it’s a version of Rose in the Gap?

I see the similarities Davydd, will investigate further, thank you. Any other suggestions gratefully received

Fingal’s Cave, can found in old Scottish Collections- Skye, Gesto etc. Looks to me like you’ve been taught an approximation in the wrong key.
https://thesession.org/tunes/6833

Yes, Fingal’s Cave - just beat me to it bogman. Usually in A dor - popular in Cape Breton and now over here.

Thanks Bogman and DonaldK, that’s it, much appreciated. My friend enjoys Phil Cunningham’s music and from the notes it’s likely he picked it up from that source. All the best