Allergic to nickel
I am new to this forum and hope it is ok to ask the following question - if not please feel free to delete or tell me to delete the post. I would be greatful for any ideas. I have a lovely Shaw low whistle made from nickel, but i am allergic and when i play with a pipers grip my fingers get really itchy within a couple of minutes. Is there anything i can do apart from get a plastic one instead, or cover it with clear nailvarnish? The latter feels a bit criminal though. I like the sound it makes so i don’t really want to give it up.
Interesting i don’t have the same issue with the "normal" little D whistle, so i guess my fingertips can’t have the same sensitivity.