Planning a trip to Ireland looking for Good accommodation in Galway

Planning a trip to Ireland looking for Good accommodation in Galway

Hi Guys

Wondering if any of you all can help. I’m planning a trip to Ireland which includes a short stay in Galway.
any ideas on accommodation would be appreciated so looking for recommendations

Thanks in advance
Pkev

Posted by .

Re: Planning a trip to Ireland looking for Good accommodation in Galway

I’ll be heading to Galway in less than two weeks:

https://thesession.org/trips/373

I’ll be staying at the Jury’s Inn, which is nice and central. I’ll report back on how it is.

Hi Jeremy

Thanks that would be appreciated
pkev

Posted by .

Jurys is a great place to stay, clean reasonable and very central, and most important walking distance to Tig Coili where the best music is to be found, two sessions a day seven days a week. Enjoy your trip.

Posted .

I stayed in Jurys some years ago. It was grand and a stone’s throw from the centre but where isn’t in Galway.

When I was researching accommodation for my trip, the other place that looked pretty good was the Imperial Hotel …not least because there’s a session there on Thursday nights:

https://thesession.org/sessions/6871

Hi
Thx again for all replies

Pkev

Posted by .

Another good review of the Jury’s Inn here. I think I was last there in 2012 but it was a nice accommodation and the location can’t be beat.

I’ve stayed in the Spanish Arch Hotel, just up Quay st. from the Jury’s, but it looks like it has been sold, and is now the Residence Hotel. It was comfortable and nice before, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be still…

I stayed at Snoozles hostel on Quay Street in October. I booked a private en-suite room with a double bed, which was comfortable, though the room was small. The crowd and music noise from the bars nearby went until about 2 am and the breakfast was kind of minimal.

pkev, when you know the dates of your trip, be sure to add it here:

https://thesession.org/trips/add

That way you’ll what events and sessions are on (and which members of The Session are nearby).

We stayed in one of the big hotels in Salthill a few years back, attracted by the prospect of a swimming pool and fitness centre thrown in! It was still walkable distance from Galway Centre, or there was a local bus. Good meal in a Western cowboy-style bar. The only let-down was breakfast, where it seemed that provision of tea/coffee and toast did not extend down to our table in the bay window!! Far too far for the waiters to walk!
Too long ago to remember which music pub we went into, but one of the musicians did say they had resident instruments to borrow: I asked if I could borrow a bodhran (which I can play!) and was offered the unmissable chance to purchase a tiny tambourine-sized one off the wall: no thanks! (Maybe a deliberate ploy?)