New tablature resource

New tablature resource

If anyone has been looking for a tab resource for mandolin, tenor banjo or bouzouki (GDAE tuning) or whistle, it is well worth taking a look at the latest release of the A La Mode app on the Google Play Store. The app allows you to import your tunebook from the session.org and to view and hear tunes displayed in dots, tab and ABC (which you can edit). The new tab functionality needs to be switched on in Settings. I am not related to the developer in any way but credit where credit is due - I have found this to be an excellent resource for learners like myself.

Posted by .

Re: New tablature resource

It looks nice, I hope he ports it over for i0s. I’m using The Craic, but it is pretty sparse in its capabilities, and I would make good use a lot of these features. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I LOVE this app even though I only use it for memory "bumps." You know, that moment when you want to play something but can’t quite pull up the tune from your overloaded memory? Play a bar or two and you’ve got it! Great app for tunes from the session.org lists or you can record odd ones that aren’t readily available!

I meant to thank you for posting this Mike! Much appreciated. And always nice to hear from other people who appreciate the app 🙂

@Cheeky Elf: I don’t own any Apple devices to develop on sadly so unless I make a full browser version I think it’s Android only for now… Apologies!