Mancunian Odyssey

Mancunian Odyssey

Hm, hope this thread is not out of place.

So, me boss is sending me off to Manchester for a week training session, between 25th Sept and 2nd Oct. As I found out that my hotel is right in the middle of Manchester I will try to make the fullest of the Trad Nightlife in there - I’ve already made a research on sessions; but as I will not have to much time to find my way around or get acquainted with the place, I have a question to M. residents: is there anything of interest happening around between these dates (ITM concerts, workshops, anything)? Musical Instrument shops? Books regarding Irish Trad to recommend and to be found in the bookshops (yes, buying off Amazon is still a pain in the back for me)?

Muchos gracias for hints. I will repay my debts in kind with a pint of whatever when I get there. You can answer either here or on my email from my profile.

Janek

Re: Mancunian Odyssey

They’re closing the Strangeways Brewery - and you’re thinking about enjoying yourself?

Sort of like, "Strangeways, There It Goes"..?

Posted by .

yep, that sort of information too

*cross out ‘Strangeways Brewery’ and ‘enjoying myself’*

Hi, there’s a great session in the middle of manchester at the Jolly angler - Thurs and Saturday nights. Also, a brilliant session in Stockport on Sunday night - Dillons Whistlin Jig. Both sessions are logged on this site. For instruments, music etc - give Tony "Sully" Sullivan a ring. He lives in macclesfield - 20miles or so away. I wont post his number on this site but he has is own site and his number is in the phone book - he is the only T - Sullivan who lives in macclesfield