C19

C19

I’m taking a moment to wish well all members and their families in this crisis.

Re: C19

Hi Michael,
Thanks. I hope you, yourself, are doing well. Also, great bio!

Pubs are now closed in Ireland and with them the sessions that were the life blood of traditional music. Unless or until new venues emerge, things are looking bleak. Without social gatherings, there can be no social music.
I wonder if ‘balcony’ sessions could be started, such as the community singing from balconies in Italy. In a rural or semi-rural setting we could have outdoor, widely spaced sessions or maybe a call-and-answer musical challenge across a river or valley.
I’m going to take my pipes down to the inlet of water that separates my place from a formerly busy pub and give them a blast at the weekend. Hopefully one of the musicians over there will respond.
Also, with the churches now closed - business was on the way out anyway - priests might be persuaded to allow musicians in for well-spaced communal playing. There was a fund-raising event in a local church a month ago which was jammed and the priest said that churches were for the community and should not be just used for worship.
We live in hope.

Balcony sessions are a great idea, as long as they don’t end up like that guy singing Bohemian Rapcity in whales XD got told to shut the F$$k up, hahahaha.
Hope you all are doing well and that we all can find a work around to still play and enjoy.