Pat Broderick RIP

Pat Broderick RIP

I was shocked and saddened to hear the news yesterday evening that Pat Broderick had died. I’m sure that members here will be glad to share memories of this wonderful uilleann piper from that great south Galway musical family. I’ve got many good memories myself, including a rather hazy one from late 70s Galway. It was the day that Francie MacPeake came to town. There was a session in Cullen’s that evening and the smoke signals were duly sent out to uilleann pipers from far and wide. Soon there was a convoy heading from Cullen’s to the Baltimore (must have been ‘78) for the night session with Pat Broderick, Eugene Lambe, Jackie Small, Peter Galligan (not a piper) & sundry others in tow. A great session, and a late session, undoubtedly ensued. As I’ve already said, it’s a hazy memory. Indeed I might add that it was probably a hazy memory the very next day.
Rest in peace, Pat, and thank you for your music, your encouragement and your friendship.

Re: Pat Broderick RIP

Sad news, indeed! Rest in peace, Pat

Very sad news, Pat was a great gentleman, and a lovely piper. RIP

Pat was a powerful player on the Uilleann pipes. He was also a very able performer on the bagpipes, having been in a pipe band with the Irish army. He will be very much missed by many.

heartbreaking news

Very sad to hear, condolences to the family, spent many a good night out in Cregg’s Castle. RIP Pat.

He was an immensely kind and funny man, too. I met him and his late wife Anne Marie many years ago and they were a wonderful, funny couple, and great fun to spend time with playing music. I will miss them both very much.

i was looking forward to seeing him in camden on the 26 of april after 40 years first met in the army in 1969 remember him and anne marie in the pubs around galway in the seventys two wonderfull people and now both gone so sad

Could someone tell me what his full first and middle name(s), if any, were? Thanks
Aad